Questions and Answers
- Q - How will the plan impact traffic on local roads?
- A - The city is now preparing an Environmental Impact Report (EIR) that will study potential impacts on traffic and other areas of concern. If impacts are identified, corrective actions will be required. The EIR will be made available for public review and comment.
Separately, Los Coyotes has retained the services of Paul Wilkinson – an industry leading traffic engineer – to study measures that could be taken to help resolve existing concerns about safety and congestion on local roads.
- Q - What is the approval process schedule?
- A - The next step in the process will be the release of the project’s Environmental Impact Report for public review and comment. After comments are responded to, public hearings before the city’s planning commission and city council will be scheduled. These public hearings are anticipated to be held in the summer of 2014.
- Q - How can local residents have input on the plan?
- A - Community meetings will be held over the next several months. Our planning team will be at these meetings to provide an overview of the proposal and to solicit feedback on the design. Past meetings resulted in positive changes to the plan, and we hope you will choose to engage in the process. Our last meeting was held in March and more than 75 local residents attended. Please register to receive notices for upcoming meetings at our Contact Us page.
- Q - When will detailed plans for the new residences be available for public review?
- A - Our builder partner, The New Home Company, has its team of architects and interior designers preparing plans that will soon be available for review. We are excited to partner with the New Home Company. Their team’s focus on distinctive architecture and creating a world-class lifestyle has earned them a reputation for being California’s top builder of luxury homes.
- Q - There are 125 residences are proposed. Does this mean there will be 125 new members?
- A - No. We anticipate the vast majority of the residences will be purchased by existing members. There are almost 100 members already on our interest list.
- Q - Will enhancements be made to the course as a result of this plan?
- A - Yes. Important improvements will be made to the golf practice area, including:
- Additional hitting slots
- Shaded seating areas
- Designated cart parking
- Expanded grass iron, chipping, pitching and bunker area
- Regrading of the driving range so you can see 125 to 150 yard landing zones along with more target locations.
- Q - Will any golf holes be removed?
- A - All 27 holes of golf will remain: no golf holes will be removed.
Q&A – for Members
Question or Comment?
We are still in the planning process and detailed plans are just now being prepared. Please contact us to share any comments or questions. Your feedback is important to us and we hope you will engage in the planning process.Contact Us